#navbar-iframe { display: none; }

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Water and Weddings


The ocean humbles me. It’s relentless power, unending waves, massive size, and strange beauty captivate me. I love it’s sound and the spray of the waves. A morning sunrise over the ocean shows me God’s endless supply of newness and his methodical ways. Our God is the God of order as well as the God of the universe and the God of Angel Armies.

My husband once physically experienced waves of God’s love as tangible as the waves of the sea. He said it was so overwhelming and amazing that he could only endure it physically for a short time.

I envy my husband that powerful experience, but I have experienced God’s love in other tangible ways – the peaceful love that filled my heart when sitting on the sand surveying the pounding surf, the peaceful love that calmed my mind when a baby slept all afternoon in my arms, and the peaceful love inspired by watching two passionate lovers exchange wedding vows.

How is it that God knows exactly what you need at every moment? The God who created and sustains the oceans and the universe, cares for me, personally. Why? I still can’t fathom that one. But, He does care for me and provides for my every need. His Word is sufficient, but He also speaks to me in the still small voice and through his creation – so that I can’t possibly miss his messages.

Jesus, the bridegroom, is coming soon for his bride, the church, and our father in heaven is preparing each one of us for the day. He has already paid the dowry. He will never leave us or forsake us, but with patience, groom us for himself and that great marriage feast day.

Isaiah 54:1 (Message) For your Maker is your bridegroom, his name, God-of-the-Angel-Armies! Your Redeemer is The Holy of Israel, known as God of the whole earth. You were like an abandoned wife, devastated with grief, and God welcomed you back, Like a woman married young and then left," says your God.

Matt. 25:6 (New American Standard Bible) "But at midnight there was a shout, 'Behold, the bridegroom! Come out to meet him.'

No comments:

Post a Comment