#navbar-iframe { display: none; }

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

"Christian" Propaganda

I recently received an email from a Christian friend with the subject line: Very Important Notice. The subhead said: Scary Stuff Happening. The email went on to complain that: “Obama funds $20M in tax payer dollars to immigrate Hamas Refugees to the USA. This is the news that didn't make the headlines...

By executive order, President Barack Obama has ordered the expenditure of $20.3 million in "migration assistance" to the Palestinian refugees and "conflict victims" in Gaza…”

The email was right. It was a very important notice, and I was very disturbed by it – although probably not in the way the writers of it intended. First of all, I refused to be “scared” by anything that is going on! I am a person of faith. Fear is the opposite of faith. Fear is the weapon of choice of terrorists. And, I refuse to be manipulated that way! Yes, I disagree with many of the actions that President Obama has taken. But not all! And, after I have expressed my opinions on legislative issues to my representatives in Washington, I pray. I continue to pray for our leaders in every area of government.

Today, I discovered a link that pointed out clearly to me why bringing Palestinian immigrants to this country could be a really fantastic opportunity. Tass Saada was a Palestinian terrorist who came to this country to go to school. Because of the loving kindness he experienced in Kansas City, Mr. Saada became a follower of Jesus Christ. Here is a link to a recent interview with Mr. Saada: http://onceanarafatman.typepad.com/my_weblog/2009/03/once-on-fox-4-news-in-kansas-city.html

Mr. Saada's story should be a call to action for every American citizen! We can win our enemies over with love, compassion and kindness - and these are not difficult to do! That is something that we Americans do well! Just look at what happens in the time of disaster. So, c'mon, America. We don't need to wait for a hurricane or tornado or earthquake. Let's do what we do best – care about each other and the people in this country who are hurting.

As Franklin D. Roosevelt said during his first inaugural address in 1933, “The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.”

No comments:

Post a Comment